Discovery tours in the Chausey Islands
Alban and Ian welcome you onboard their fishing boat « La Grande Ancre » to discover the maritime sector in the Chausey archipelago, a fantastic place to experience the rhythm of the tides and the moods of the winds.
Leaving from Granville onboard “la Grande Ancre”, we will bring you to the East of the Chausey Islands, onto wild mini-islands where you’ll be able to have lunch either on board or on an isolated beach with the crew who will be happy to introduce you to the shellfish farming sector.
As the tide goes out, you will be able to take a look at mussel beds in double-seat sea kayaks (suited for beginners). Then, at low tide, Alban or Ian will walk you to the oyster farms or clam beds before kayaking back to « La Grande Ancre » and returning to Granville.
To Enjoy the trip:
- Suitability: For children from 12 years old accompanied by an adult
- Equipment: Sea Kayak (single or double)
- Groups: Minimum 4, Maximum 9
- Equipment provided: kayaks, wet suits, waterproof jackets, waterproof bags and containers, binoculars, maps, fishing equipment .
- Duration of the trip: The day trip includes the one and a half hour crossing to and from the islands on the fishing boat, time for lunch on board or on the beach, 2 or 3 hours of kayak ride and walking to discover the shell fish farming areas.
- Meeting point: Granville harbor
- Price with guide and kayak rental: Adult: 65€ / Child up to 16 years old: 50€ – Groups (from 6 people) : 60€/person
- Price includes: The crossing Granville/Chausey both ways on a fishing boart, 2 or 3 hours or kayaking and walking, the navigation equipment and a qualified guide.
- Price for the return trip Granville to Chausey on the fishing boat: Adult: 30€ / Return trip with own kayak: 40€ / Return trip with 3 hours kayak rental (without a guide): 45€
- English spoken fluently
- Staff advice: Depending on the weather, take a complete change of clothes and also sun/uv protection (cream, glasses, caps… ) and a windproof/waterproof jacket. Wet shoes or old training shoes and do not forget the picnic and snacks for the duration of the trip.
- Dates and times of trips this year on www.seakayak-fr.com
- Reservation subject to weather and sea conditions.
- Address: SARL Sea Kayak Baie du Mont Saint-Michel – 2A rue de la Bulaine – 50530 DRAGEY
- Phone: 33 6 08 77 04 37
- Mail: email@example.com
- Net: www.seakayak-fr.com
- The crew and staff: Ian Wood qualified canoeing and kayaking instructor (Diplômé d’Etat Canoë Kayak) and Alban Lenoir Captain 200